WARP Mechanics is known for its high-capacity storage solutions, but not every situation calls for the most density. Sometimes light and fast are the order of the day, especially when it comes to all-flash SSD systems. Enter the WDS-9224 JBOF.
A “just a bunch of flash” subsystem, the WDS-9224 is a 19-inch 2U rackmount JBOD unit optimized for external and shared SSD storage. It features SAS 3.0 12Gb/s connections and is designed to fit in environments which need highly reliable and scalable growth but in a footprint better suited to SSD devices. The WDS-9224 platform addresses the demanding storage needs of HPC and large enterprises as a key element of next generation storage systems.
Delivering up to 184TB storage capacity using today’s high-capacity flash devices with performance of up to 4.7M IOPS and less than 1ms latency, the WDS-9224 is ideal for accelerating enterprise workloads such as metadata, database, virtualization, and scale-out configurations. With a total of six x4 12Gbps High Density SAS ports, each JBOD can deliver up to 184 Gb/s (23GB/s) in read/write bandwidth per shelf.
Features & Benefits
- 24 integrated 2.5” SSD modules
- 12Gbps SAS 3.0
- 3x mini-SAS x4 ports per SAS IO Module
- SCSI Enclosure Services (SES-3) compliant
- Up to 4.7M IOPS, 23GBps; <1ms latency
- Available SSD capacities include 7.68TB, 3.84TB, 1.92TB, and 960GB
- Front accessible and hot swappable SSD modules for easy maintenance.