Data storage capacity requirements continue to expand, increasing the need for enterprise-class high-density storage enclosures. Today’s business environment requires simple, easy ways to grow capacity as well as providing performance and scalability on demand.
The WARP Mechanics WDS-8484 supports up to 84 3.5” or 2.5” SAS/SATA hard disk drives (HDD) or solid state disks (SSD) via the serial attached SCSI (SAS) protocol. It offers best-in-class performance and capacity, space-saving density, “green” energy efficiency and 24×7 redundancy of active components.
Performance-oriented Enterprise Class High Density Storage Enclosure
With up to 84 3.5” or 2.5” drives per 4U enclosure, this platform is an ultra-dense solution, fitting over half a petabyte per 4u in a standard 19” cabinet with high-capacity drives, or over 150TB per 4u of enterprise high-performance SSD.
- Full-featured robust 12Gb/sec high-performance SAS 3.0 storage enclosure
- OEM-grade hardware – not a “commodity” platform
- Single or dual I/O modules for redundant failover
- Hot-pluggable IOMs, drives, and redundant high efficiency power/cooling modules
- 10x SFF-8644 12Gbps SAS 3.0 ports support up to 48 GBps (480 Gbps) throughput
- Flexibility to choose SAS or SATA drives
- SAS daisy-chain expansion to additional JBODs or hosts
- SAS zoning allows multiple hosts via RAID cards without access control conflicts
The WDS-8484 is a perfect JBOD expansion shelf for other WARP Mechanics products such as the WARP 3×000/4×000 high performance storage appliances, the WDS-8460 or WDS-8260 ultra-dense storage enclosures, the WARP AP line of storage servers, or any other SAS compliant hosts.