WARP Mechanics® is known for its high-capacity storage solutions, but not every situation calls for the most density. Sometimes light and fast are the order of the day, especially when it comes to all-flash SSD systems. Enter the WARP WDS-7224 JBOF.
A “just a bunch of flash” subsystem, the WDS-7224 is a 19-inch 2U rackmount JBOD unit optimized for external and shared SSD storage. It features the latest SAS 3.0 12Gb/s interface and is designed to fit in environments which need highly reliable and scalable growth but in a footprint better suited to SSD devices. The WDS-7224 incorporates the latest enhancements fully compatible with the 12Gb/s SAS T10 specification including LSI DataBolt™ bandwidth optimizer technology (EDFB, End Device Frame Buffering).
Even though it has a small profile, the WDS-7224 doesn’t skimp on features. A versatile SAS3/SATA3 disk expansion system, the WDS-7224 is ideal for the high capacity and scalability storage that IT demands. The platform supports redundant 12Gbps SAS IO modules, allowing HA connections from hosts. It may connect to customer-provided servers via HD mini-SAS cables, or act as an expansion enclosure for other WARP Mechanics products to support WARPraid, WARPnas, and WARPhpc services such as the WARP 30000/40000 series of high performance storage appliances.
Features & Benefits
- 24 integrated 2.5” SSD modules
- Fully compliant with SAS 3.0 for up to 12Gbps
- 2x mini-SAS x4 ports plus
- 1x expansion port per SAS IO Module
- Daisy-chain up to 10 enclosures for more scalability
- Hot-swap power & cooling, drive, and IO modules
- SCSI Enclosure Services (SES-3) compliant
- RS-232, LAN, and front control panel mgmt. interfaces